Speech & language therapy (children’s)
On this page:
We are a team of Speech and Language Therapists and assistants who provide a child and family centred approach.
We work directly with families and indirectly by working closely with our partner services in Health, Education and Social Care.
We contribute our expert knowledge of communication, speech, language, and feeding and swallowing to the team of professionals working with the child and their family.
We provide support for families and staff from a variety of settings, so that they can help the child to reach their full potential in their everyday lives.
We focus on targets, jointly agreed with families, which promote the child’s wellbeing and independence as well as supporting their learning.
Mon – Fri, 9am – 5pm (all Speech Therapy sites)
Talkshops (drop in advice) for children under 3 held at children’s centres at Putney, Roehampton, Tooting and Battersea.
- Provide speech and language therapy advice, support and information. Support for children up to the age of 17.
- A named speech and language therapist in every Wandsworth maintained school
- Agree and set joint goals.
- Provide specialist advice and support for families and ‘the team around the child’ to be able to implement strategies and achieve goals.
- Provide specialist assessment and contribute to a child’s EHCP (Education, Health and Social Care Plan).
- Deliver clinic/school based individual and group therapy.
- Deliver speech and language therapy in Children’s Centres.
- Support staff in educational settings to set up and run their own groups.
- Provide specialist training for parents and staff in settings.
- Provide training to develop the wider children and young people’s workforce.
To learn more about how we work in secondary schools, view this video.
Jo Hardman, Deputy Head of Children’s Therapies and Early Years Lead email@example.com
Jo Harrington Hill, Clinical Team Leader for Mainstream Primary and Secondary Schools and Resource Bases, firstname.lastname@example.org
Any parent/carer can refer their child. To self refer: 0208 812 4023 (St John’s) or email@example.com
The referral can also come from any medical or educational professional via EHIT.