Speech & language therapy (children’s)
On this page:
We are a team of Speech and Language Therapists and assistants who provide a child and family centred approach.
We work directly with families and indirectly by working closely with our partner services in Health, Education and Social Care.
We contribute our expert knowledge of communication, speech, language, and feeding and swallowing to the team of professionals working with the child and their family.
We provide support for families and staff from a variety of settings, so that they can help the child to reach their full potential in their everyday lives.
We focus on targets, jointly agreed with families, which promote the child’s wellbeing and independence as well as supporting their learning.
0208 812 4023 (St John's)
Mon - Fri, 9am - 5pm (all Speech Therapy sites)
- Provide speech and language therapy advice, support and information.
- Agree and set joint goals.
- Provide specialist advice and support for families and ‘the team around the child’ to be able to implement strategies and achieve goals.
- Provide specialist assessment and contribute to a child’s EHCP (Education, Health and Social Care Plan).
- Deliver clinic/school based individual and group therapy.
- Deliver speech and language therapy in Children’s Centres.
- Support staff in educational settings to set up and run their own groups.
- Provide specialist training for parents and staff in settings.
- Provide training to develop the wider children and young people’s workforce.
Jo Hardman, Clinical Team Leader for Community Clinics and Secondary Schools, firstname.lastname@example.org
Jo Harrington Hill, Clinical Team Leader for Mainstream Primary Schools and Resource Bases, email@example.com
We have a team of highly qualified therapists (SLTs) supported in their work by speech and language therapy assistants (SLTAs). The SLTAs carry out packages of care set by the SLTs.
Any parent can refer their child.
The referral can also come from a GP, teacher, health visitor or school nurse.