Assistive technology service
On this page:
The Assistive Technology Service provides environmental control systems on loan that help to maintain and improve the independence and security of people with severe physical disability who have very limited upper limb and hand function. The ability to control everyday equipment such as the phone, TV and lighting is provided via a central control unit and a single switch. It can also be used to control access into their home and summon emergency help. Access to computer functions can be considered if you are eligible for the service.
What we offer:
- All clients are assessed at home by a member of the Assistive Technology Service.
- Equipment is carefully tailored for each individual taking into account their goals.
- Training for clients by the engineer following installation of a system.
- Maintenance and regular servicing which is provided by the assistive technology provider.
- Reviews, on-going support and advice are provided by the Assistive Technology Service team to clients, carers and healthcare professionals.
Assistive Technology Service
St George’s University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Queen Mary’s Hospital
London SW15 5PN
Tel: 020 8487 6084 / 020 8487 6085
Fax: 020 8487 6186
Fault line/ Service Call numbers for Assistive Technology Systems:
Possum: 01296 461000
Steeper: 0113 2070449
AbiliaToby Churchill: 01954 281222 / 01954 281236
PcByVoice: 01342 823842
Enter your postcode into the box above for directions
No routes found The location entered couldn't be found, please check for typo or try a broader search.
Technical error There's been a problem with the Google Map. Please email the communications team and let them know.
- Clare Oakley, Senior Occupational Therapist, Service Lead for Assistive Technology
- Helen Nelson, Senior Clinical Scientist
How to refer to the Assistive Technology Service:
Referrals are normally received from Adult Social Care or health Occupational Therapists working in the community.
Referrals may be received from other professionals, family or carers following discussion with the Assistive Technology Service.
The Service is commissioned by NHS England for patients with GP’s within the following areas:
- South-West London
- West Sussex
Click the link below to download a referral form: