Education and Research
By delivering vibrant programmes of research and education, we make sure that our staff are able to consistently provide the excellent clinical care for our patients.
We are committed to providing the highest quality education programmes for our staff, partners, GPs and student doctors and nurses, and to driving lasting improvements in patient care across south London by through research and innovation.
Providing excellent and innovative education
As a leading UK teaching hospital we aspire to improve patient safety, patient experience and outcomes through excellence in our provision of education and training for the staff, students and trainees with whom we work. We have formed a strong alliance with St George’s, University of London (SGUL), to enable innovative developments in practice, research and education.
We aim to:
- Ensure development of a competent and capable workforce
- Be a national leader in multiprofessional training
- Implement innovative training pathways
- Be a field leader in patient safety training
- Play a leading role in the South London Local Education and Training Board (LETB)
- Ensure the infrastructure and facilities support the delivery of excellent education
Driving research and innovation through our clinical services
Healthcare organisations with vibrant programmes of research provide higher quality clinical care, recruit, motivate and retain the best staff.