Special schools nursing
On this page:
The special schools nursing service aims to provide open access to a nursing service for children and young people with a learning disability, mental health concerns and complex health needs in Wandsworth who are attending a special needs school in the borough, the Pupil Referral Units (PRU), Youth Offending Team or children and young people who are not receiving an education.
The team provides a Continence Service that assesses and supplies continence products for children from 4 to 18 years old.
What we offer:
- School nursing services for children with learning, physical and mental health disabilities, based on assessed needs of the individual child
- Health promotion to meet the needs of children and young people with disabilities
- Advice and support to prevent harm to children
- Support for children to have greater choice over their lives and person centred health plans
- Support for children and parents to access the healthcare they need to help them live a healthy life
- Prompt, appropriate, confidential, accessible and evidence-based treatment and advice to enable children to access services and making referrals when required.
- To enable children to acquire new skills whilst maintaining existing skills; and support them to achieve their full potential. Working within a multi-therapy team to provide the best service
- Support and training for school staff to manage healthcare issues and enable children to access school based activities
- The children’s continence services liaise with and advise other health professionals and parents to support their child.
St Johns Therapy Centre
St John’s Hill
Telephone number: 020 8812 6850
- Christine Pickering Clinical Team Leader School Nursing
- Sandra Finn Specialist School Nurse Practitioner (YOT, PRUs and Nightingale School)
- Mariatu Momoh – School Nurse (Paddock Schools and Garrett Park)
- Hannah Hewes – School Nurse (Oaklodge)
- Mark Hogan – Clinical Nurse Specialist Mental Health
- Elaine Hurd – Healthcare Support Worker
- Mullannie Poleon – Team Administrator
Via school service.