On this page:
St George’s Obstetric Royal College of Anaesthetists ACSA accredited Anaesthetic Service is an innovative, energetic group of anaesthetists responding to the needs of a wide range of women and their needs during childbirth.
Lead Consultant Anaesthetist: Dr Awini Gunasekera.
Contact: 0208 725 3317
What we do:
- We offer both epidural, combined spinal epidural and remifentanil PCA analgesia in labour.
- There is a dedicated resident anaesthetic registrar 24 hr a day
- A dedicated Consultant Obstetric Anaesthetist on call rota since 2016. This allows us to respond to the needs of mothers to meet national audit standards
- For more info on pain relief in labour and anaesthesia for Caesarean birth go to http://Labourpains.com
- A planned Caesarean section service on weekdays as part of a dedicated operating list Monday – Friday
- High Risk Obstetric Anaesthetic Clinic for mothers with complex pregnancies which is closely linked to the highly regarded Maternal Medicine Unit
- We also run a Postnatal Follow Up Clinic service to meet the needs of mothers who have had difficult experiences or complications following anaesthesia procedures.
New Beginnings – improving the experience of birth in theatre
Labour Pains – information for mothers provided by the Obstetric Anaesthetists Association