NQNs and Student Nurses
A special place for your nursing career – join the home of ’24 Hours in A&E’
Unique opportunities for new nurses in 2020 and 2021
Enjoy starting and growing your career at one of the UK’s biggest and busiest hospitals, where world-leading clinical practice and patient care meets a very special teamworking culture.
You will experience warmest of welcomes, support throughout your career – and unrivalled learning, training and development opportunities.
Newly-qualified staff nurses enjoy a starting salary of £29,888 (and Band 5 range alone extends to £36,738 a year).
There are many great reasons to start and develop your career with St George’s – the world-famous home of ’24 Hours in A&E’. Please take look at what we offer below.
Whether you have recently qualified or will do soon, are in your final year, or looking for a new role. please get in touch any time – for an informal chat, to apply and arrange an online, video or phone interview, or find out about opportunities in specific services.
- Apply now here.
- Contact our NQN recruitment lead Jacqui D’Silva: Jacqueline.DSilva@stgeorges.nhs.uk or 0208 725 1026
- Hear from our nurses about working here on YouTube.
Education, learning and development opportunities
- Special Band 5 NQN Development Pathway
- Unique programme with Kingston University after six-month preceptorship. Includes mental health, quality Improvement, acutely unwell patients, and reflective practice, and provides 30 credits towards a post-graduate qualification
- Six-month preceptorship programme with dedicated Preceptor
- Ongoing training including core clinical skills, leadership, nurse-in-charge, leading edge simulation facilities on site
- Tailored help and advice from dedicated Practice Educators
- Band 5 – 7 Development Pathway with flexibility to match your interests and needs, includes Leadership Academy course, approved NMC Mentoring course, MEERKATS course in acute settings, specialist clinical training
Friendly teams, supportive culture
- Sociable, supportive and welcoming colleagues in a modern, diverse environment
- Practical and personal help to settle and thrive
- Rotation: you can experience different clinical areas (after six months). Some large services offer ‘internal’ rotation too, eg Medicine Division, Cardiology and Paediatrics
- Flexibility: If your initial role isn’t quite what you wanted, we can find the environment that best suits you and your interests
- Shared commitment through our clinical and support teams to Outstanding Care Every Time – and to our values: Excellent, Kind, Responsible, Respectful
Working here and south London life
- A special place to start your career: leading medical university on site; one of the country’s biggest hospitals with 9,000+ staff (4,500 nurses), 150,000 A&E attendances, 600,000+ outpatient appointments (virtual and on-site); 50,000+ elective surgery procedures each year; renowned Major Trauma Centre
- On-site restaurants and shops; discounts with local shops, bars, restaurants
- Flexible working, counselling, health and well-being programme
- Fantastic location
- 25 minutes from central London, excellent public transport links
- Vibrant, diverse, great shops, leisure, eating, nightlife
- Tooting, in the heart South west London – full of green spaces
What do our nurses say about starting their careers here?