NQNs and Student Nurses
Register now for the South West London Student Nurse Careers webinar!
The South West London Recruitment Hub are hosting a special NQN Careers Webinar Wednesday 23rd March at 5pm. Senior colleagues from St George’s Hospital will be present online to talk about working life at our hospital and to answer your questions on a range of topics. The session will be recorded and shared- register your interest via our Eventbrite page here: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/newly-qualified-nursing-epsomst-helier-kingston-st-georges-croydon-tickets-288546770157
We will be holding another online event in May-June, if you would like to attend, please email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
A special place for your nursing career – join the home of ’24 Hours in A&E’
Unique opportunities for new nurses in 2022
Enjoy starting and growing your career at one of the UK’s biggest and busiest hospitals, where world-leading clinical practice and patient care meets a very special teamworking culture.
You will experience warmest of welcomes, support throughout your career – and unrivalled learning, training and development opportunities.
Newly-qualified staff nurses enjoy a starting salary of £30,786 (and Band 5 range alone extends to £37,841 a year).
There are many great reasons to start and develop your career with St George’s – the world-famous home of ’24 Hours in A&E’. Please take look at what we offer below.
Whether you have recently qualified or will do soon, are in your final year, or looking for a new role, please get in touch any time – for an informal chat, to apply and arrange an online, video or phone interview, or find out about opportunities in specific services.
- Apply now here.
- Contact our nursing inbox: email@example.com
- Hear from our nurses about working here on YouTube.
Education, learning and development opportunities
- Special Band 5 NQN Development Pathway
- Unique programme with Kingston University after six-month preceptorship. Includes mental health, quality Improvement, acutely unwell patients, and reflective practice, and provides 30 credits towards a post-graduate qualification
- Six-month preceptorship programme with dedicated Preceptor
- Ongoing training including core clinical skills, leadership, nurse-in-charge, leading edge simulation facilities on site
- Tailored help and advice from dedicated Practice Educators
- Band 5 – 7 Development Pathway with flexibility to match your interests and needs, includes Leadership Academy course, approved NMC Mentoring course, MEERKATS course in acute settings, specialist clinical training
Friendly teams, supportive culture
- Sociable, supportive and welcoming colleagues in a modern, diverse environment
- Practical and personal help to settle and thrive
- Rotation: you can experience different clinical areas (after six months). Some large services offer ‘internal’ rotation too, eg Medicine Division, Cardiology and Paediatrics
- Flexibility: If your initial role isn’t quite what you wanted, we can find the environment that best suits you and your interests
- Shared commitment through our clinical and support teams to Outstanding Care Every Time – and to our values: Excellent, Kind, Responsible, Respectful
Working here and south London life
- A special place to start your career: leading medical university on site; one of the country’s biggest hospitals with 9,000+ staff (4,500 nurses), 150,000 A&E attendances, 600,000+ outpatient appointments (virtual and on-site); 50,000+ elective surgery procedures each year; renowned Major Trauma Centre
- On-site restaurants and shops; discounts with local shops, bars, restaurants
- Flexible working, counselling, health and well-being programme
- Fantastic location
- 25 minutes from central London, excellent public transport links
- Vibrant, diverse, great shops, leisure, eating, nightlife
- Tooting, in the heart South west London – full of green spaces
What do our nurses say about starting their careers here?