On this page:
The paediatric haematology service provides a consultant led service and investigates a wide range of non-malignant haematological conditions including anaemias, thombocytopenias, neutropenias, haemoglobinopathies, disorders of coagulation and bone marrow failure.
St Georges hospital is an accredited Haemoglobinopathy Specialist Centre, an ITP Centre of Excellence and a Haemophilia Centre.
What we offer
- Four consultant led clinics a week for outpatients including sub-specialty clinics:
- Haemoglobinopathy clinic
- Joint respiratory clinic for children with sickle cell disease and respiratory complications or additional respiratory diagnoses
- Multidisciplinary haemophilia clinic with CNS and physiotherapist for children with haemophilia
- Access to Jungle Ward and Blue Sky Centre for urgent reviews, transfusions and infusions, including automated red cell exchanges
- Consultative service and telephone advice to referring physicians
Paediatric Haematology secretary: Tel: 020 8725 3921- Fax: 020 8725 3918
Urgent referrals and advice: contact the paediatric haematology SpR via switchboard
Alison Thomas MRCP FRCPath MD(Res) – Consultant Paediatric Haematologist
Julia Sikorska MRCP FRCPath – Locum Consultant Haematologist
Emma Sage MRCPCH – Consultant Paediatrician (Haemoglobinopathies & POSCU)
GP can refer by letter or through Choose & Book