Paediatric respiratory and asthma
On this page:
St Georges has a developing respiratory and asthma service providing support for children from Wandsworth, Merton and south west Thames.
What we offer
- Multidisciplinary assessment, investigation and treatment of children aged 0-16 with acute and long-term respiratory disorders
- Weekly general respiratory clinics (Friday morning)
- Weekly asthma clinics and a weekly nurse-led asthma clinic, supported by lung function testing including spirometry and exhaled nitric oxide measurements. Close links to allergy service.
- Twice monthly asthma clinics at St Johns Therapy Centre
- Integrated Asthma Nursing Team
- Bi-monthly joint transition clinics with adult respiratory nurse specialist. (Wednesday afternoons)
- Monthly joint clinics with ENT for complex airway issues
- Monthly joint clinics with newborn services for infants with chronic lung disease of prematurity and other congenital lung lesions
- Bi-monthly monthly joint clinics with neurodevelopmental team for children with complex neurodevelopmental issues impacting on the respiratory system
- Bi-monthly monthly joint clinics with Haematology for children with Sickle Cell Disease
- Bi-weekly flexible bronchoscopy lists
- Inpatient and outpatient sleep studies including oximetry, capnography and polysomnography
- Expertise in the management of infants and children with congenital lung abnormalities in conjunction with fetal medicine and the paediatric surgeons.
- Home and school visits to children with asthma
Dr Richard Chavasse - Consultant in Paediatric Respiratory Medicine
Dr Anuradha Shankar - Consultant in Paediatric Respiratory Medicine
Dr Alexia Kappos – Consultant in Paediatric Respiratory Medicine
Anne Christopher - Consultant in Paediatric Allergy and Asthma
Secretary: Dalbir Gosal Tel: 020 8725 2102 / Fax: 020 8725 3741
Betsi Jones – Respiratory Clinical Nurse Specialist
Joy Rowse – Respiratory Clinical Nurse Specialist
Secretary – Clare Joyce, Tel: 020 8725 2272 / Fax: 020 8725 3834
Caroline Lodge – Asthma Clinical Nurse Specialist
Fiona Henley – Asthma Nurse Specialist
Sian Maguire – Asthma Nurse Specialist
Sarah Hawkins – Asthma Nurse Specialist
Tel: 020 8725 3043
You can also follow us on Twitter @SGHAsthma
Dr Jo Blundell
Enter your postcode into the box above for directions
No routes found The location entered couldn't be found, please check for typo or try a broader search.
Technical error There's been a problem with the Google Map. Please email the communications team and let them know.
GPs and other referring healthcare professionals can refer directly by letter, fax or through Choose & Book.