On this page:
St George’s NHS Trust Paediatric Allergy Service offers a Consultant-led, comprehensive multidisciplinary assessment, investigation and management of children aged 0-17 years with allergic disorders.
We see approximately 500 new patients annually, predominantly referred from Primary Care, Paediatric Dermatology, ENT, Paediatric Gastroenterology, and via ward referral following admission.
What we offer
Diagnosis, investigation and management of:
- Food allergies
- classical type I and type IV (Skin, GI and respiratory manifestations)
- complex/multiple food allergies +/_ FTT and eczema
- Oral Allergy Syndrome
A designated Paediatric Dietician advises on elimination diets and nutritional adequacy.
The Paediatric Allergy Clinical Nurse Specialist performs diagnostic Skin Prick testing, and provides Adrenaline Autoinjector training and Allergy Management Education.
Where necessary, supervised Oral Food Challenges are performed on the Children’s Day ward.
- Aeroallergen related disorders
- Urticarias and angioedema, acute and chronic
- Latex allergy
We currently do not offer:
- pollen or other aeroallergen immunotherapy
- patch testing for contact dermatitis
- management of anaesthetic or complex antibiotic allergies
Contact detailsAnne Christopher - Consultant in Paediatric Allergy and Asthma Specialty interest: Asthma and Allergy Secretary: Kate Finnie - Tel: 020 8725 3648 Fax: 020 8725 3741 email: firstname.lastname@example.org Michael Perkin - Consultant in Paediatric Allergy Specialty interest: Paediatric Allergy Secretary: Kate Finnie - Tel: 020 8725 3648 Fax: 020 8725 3741 email: email@example.com Sophie Vaughan - Consultant in Paediatrics with an interest in Allergy Specialty interest: General paediatrics and allergy Secretary: Kate Finnie - Tel: 020 8725 3648 Fax: 020 8725 3741 email: firstname.lastname@example.org Sarah Bidgood - Clinic Nurse Specialist Specialty interest: Paediatric Allergy Tel: 020 8725 2272- Fax: 020 8725 3834
Enter your postcode into the box above for directions
No routes found The location entered couldn't be found, please check for typo or try a broader search.
Technical error There's been a problem with the Google Map. Please email the communications team and let them know.
- Anne Christopher - Consultant in Paediatric Allergy and Asthma
- Michael Perkin - Consultant in Paediatric Allergy
- Sophie Vaughan - Consultant in Paediatrics with an interest in allergy
- Sarah Bidgood - Paediatric Allergy
GP's can refer by letter, fax or through Choose & Book