Paediatric general medicine
On this page:
The General Paediatric Medicine service is a comprehensive consultant led service managing a range of common childhood conditions. There are five consultants who participate in a consultant of the week rota doing daily ward rounds and reviews.
What we offer
- The General Paediatricians aim to provide excellent care to children with a range of common medical problems.
- They support other specialist teams in providing family centered and holistic care for children with complex medical problems.
- There is strong multidisciplinary support from dieticians, Clinical Nurse Specialists, psychologists, physiotherapists, speech and language therapists, play specialists and pharmacists.
- The Consultants hold general paediatric clinics every week where new referrals and ward follow-ups are seen.In addition, there are rapid referral clinics where children who need more urgent assessment can be seen by the paediatric team (see above).
- All the General Paediatricians have subspecialty interests.
- There is a consultant paediatrician on site until 21:00 every evening.
Dr Sarah Thurlbeck provides advice to GPs via Kinesis
Contact detailsDr Sarah Thurlbeck – Consultant Paediatrician and Named Doctor for Child Safeguarding Secretary: Kate Finnie - Tel: 020 8725 3648 Fax: 020 8725 3741 email: email@example.com Dr Lucinda Etheridge - Consultant Paediatrician Special Interest: Ambulatory paediatrics and paediatric rheumatology Secretary : Stephen Clemo Tel: 0208 725 2926 - Fax: 0208 725 0711 Dr Pushpa Subramaniam - Consultant Paediatrician Special interest: Providing medical input to paediatric neuro-surgical patients. Secretary : Tara Castrillon / Margaret Austen Tel: 020 8725 0275 / 4803- Fax: 020 8725 2858 Atefa Hossain- Consultant Paediatrician Qualifications: B.Sc, MB.BS, FRCPCH, M.Med.Ed Specialty interest General Paediatrics with a special interest in paediatric oncology and haematology,joint sickle clinics with haematologists. College Tutor for Paediatrics Secretary: Sally Boyd Tel: 020 8725 2102- Fax: 020 8725 2858 Sophie Vaughan - Consultant Paediatrician with an interest in Allergy Specialty interest: General paediatrics and allergy Secretary: Kate Finnie - Tel: 020 8725 3648 Fax: 020 8725 3741 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Enter your postcode into the box above for directions
No routes found The location entered couldn't be found, please check for typo or try a broader search.
Technical error There's been a problem with the Google Map. Please email the communications team and let them know.
- Paediatrics Buccolam oromucosal solution for stopping seizures
- Paediatrics – Pain management in sickle cell disease
GP can refer by letter, fax or through Choose & Book