Dr Niranjanan Nirmalananthan
Secretary: Anna Jones
Secretary email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Secretary telephone: 020 8725 4630
Dr Nirmalananthan's main specialist interests are in neuromuscular disorders and headache disorders. He runs weekly regional specialist clinics for nerve and muscle disease and headache. In addition he sees general inpatient and outpatient neurology at St George's. His main academic interests are in neurogenetics.
Dr Nirmalananthan is a Consultant Neurologist at St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust and Honorary Senior Lecturer at St George's University of London.
Dr Nirmalananthan graduated in Natural Sciences from Cambridge University before studying Medicine at King’s College London. He was awarded a PhD in Neuroscience from the Institute of Neurology, University College London before undertaking higher specialist training in neurology at St George’s Hospital and the National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery in London.
He is currently Clinical Director for Neurosciences.
Prizes, memberships and fellowships
- Lord Adrian Prize, British Society for Clinical Neurophysiology, 2009
- Sir Charles Symonds Prize, Association of British Neurologists, 2007
- Medical Research Council Clinical Research Training Fellowship, 2005-2008
- Member, Association of British Neurologists
- Member, British Society for Clinical Neurophysiology
- Member, British Peripheral Nerve Society
- Member, British Association for the Study of Headache
- Member, International Headache Society
- Fellow, Royal College of Physicians
- Editorial board member: Frontiers in Genetic Disorders