On this page:
The headache service runs six specialist outpatient clinics each week providing assessment, investigations, advice and treatment to patients suffering with all forms of disabling headache and facial pain.
Conditions treated include:
- Migraine (episodic and particularly chronic migraine)
- Cluster headache
- Medication-overuse headache
- New daily persistent headache
- Hemicrania continua
- Paroxysmal hemicrania
- SUNCT / SUNA
- Post-traumatic headache
- Secondary headache disorders
Enter your postcode into the box above for directions
No routes found The location entered couldn't be found, please check for typo or try a broader search.
Technical error There's been a problem with the Google Map. Please email the communications team and let them know.
We use a wide range of treatments, including:
- Lifestyle advice to manage and prevent specific types of headache
- Medications to treat and prevent headaches
- Botulinum toxin therapy for chronic migraine
- Greater occipital nerve blocks
- Multiple cranial nerve blocks
Please visit our Neurosciences Booking and Referral Centre for instructions on how to refer to Neurology.
When you first come to the headache service we will need to spend time mapping your medical history so we can get a better understanding of what could be causing your headaches, and how best to treat them.
Mapping your medical history can be a long and complex task. To make the process easier, it is helpful if you can:
- keep a headache diary with details of how long your headaches last, how painful they are and what medication you take and whether the medication helped or not
- bring as much information about past medical conditions and treatments with you as you can.