On this page:
As a department, we are proud to be heavily involved in service development projects, important research as well as attending regular training to ensure the treatment we are offering is effective and up to date.
We hope to keep this page updated with some of our most recent achievements. We also share our good news stories over on our twitter page.
- Our musculoskeletal department here at St Georges has been the first hospital, to pilot the award winning pain rehabilitation programme “ESCAPE pain”, which is an evidence-based and cost effective group rehabilitation programme for people with chronic joint pain.
- Our colleagues Theresa Sharland and Ben Wanless have been heavily involved with the novel getUbetter app development. This work led to our department winning “Innovative Trust of the Year” and the Health Innovation Network awards in 2019
- Jai Mistry, one of our highly specialised physiotherapist’s has recently published a paper on the clinical indicators to identify neuropathic pain in lower back pain, to read more click here.
- As a department we have had 9 abstracts accepted for PhysioUK 2020. Well done team!
- Our outpatient team has worked alongside our major trauma inpatient team to implement a direct referral pathway from ward to outpatient rehab – reducing waiting times and improving continuity of care. This work won best poster at Trauma Care Conference 2020. Well done to all involved!
- Our colleague James Wills is due to graduate from his MSc in Advanced Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy from King’s College London on later this year
- Summer 2019, our team completed a cycle from London to Brighton and managed to raise £4885 to go toward rehabilitation equipment for our gym.