Day case unit
On this page:
The day case unit provides a professional diagnostic service for upper and lower GI endoscopy, brochoscopy and cystoscopy. The unit also offers assessment and treatment for patients with long term chronic pain conditions, podiatric surgery, plastic surgery and ophthalmic surgery.
The unit is staffed by a team of experienced endoscopy, theatre and recovery nurses and was JAG accredited for endoscopy standards in 2010.
- Two Endoscopy rooms
- One Operating Theatre
- First stage recovery room with 10 beds
- Second stage recovery room with eight chairs
- Two side or treatment rooms
- Decontamination room
020 8487 6466
If you wish to contact the Day Surgery Unit at St George’s, you can phone them on 0208 725 0418/0420.
Monday to Friday 7.30 – 18.00pm
- Upper and Lower Gi Endoscopy
- Flexible cystoscopy
- Plastic Surgery
- Podiatric surgery under regional block and sedation
- Dermatology surgery
- Ophthalmic surgery
- Ms Alison Stroud – Sister Day Case Unit
Service consultants and surgeons
- Mr I T Bloom – Consultant Colorectal Surgeon
- Mr A Fawcett – Consultant Colorectal Surgeon
- Mr I Beech – Consultant podiatric surgeon
- Dr J Hayat – Clinical Lead for Endoscopy
- Dr G Sadler – Consultant Gastroenterologist
- Mr D Sharma – Consultant Urologist
- Ms J Odili – Consultant Plastic Surgeon
We do not offer any services for paediatrics.