On this page:
Aspiration biopsy diagnosis by palpation and in conjunction with image guidance of peripheral lumps/swellings including thyroid, lymph nodes, salivary glands, soft tissue (indeterminate), skin and deep organ sites such as lung, liver, pancreas.
The department’s specialist consultant staff members have between them over 60 years of hands on clinical aspiration experience. The aspiration biopsy service performs 2800 biopsies per annum and provides full diagnostics with immunocytochemistry, immunosuspension, and culture and molecular analysis for diagnosis.
0208 725 5262
Secretary: Linda Carter
020 8725 5263
020 8725 7984
Ultrasound throid, salivary, nodes
Head and Neck Lumps
Lung at CT
Head and Neck lumps - Haemotology and oncology
Ultrasound head and neck, liver and pancreas
CT Lung, Melanoma, Ultrasound
- Clinic aspiration 5 days a week in ENT, Oncology, Melanoma, Urology, Ultrasound and CT.
- A GP direct access joint diagnostics clinic is planned soon in conjunction with Ultrasound for direct referral of thyroid and all other palpable lumps/swellings (but NOT breast – separate pathway). We will notify practices as soon as this is available.
- Full reports, necessary lymph node mapping and observance and referral advice.
- Alastair Deery – Lead Consultant Cellular Pathologist
- Valerie Thomas - Consultant Cellular Pathologist
- Jonathan Williams - Consultant Cellular Pathologist
- John du Parcq - Consultant Cellular Pathologist
- Brendan Tinwell - Consultant Cellular Pathologist
Discuss referrals directly with lead consultant or secretary by phone or email please.