On this page:
- Main content
- Contact details
- Opening hours
- Staff members
- Patient information leaflets
- Referral forms
The Radiology Department provides comprehensive and extensive diagnostic and interventional radiological services to St George’s Hospital, PCTs and other referring hospitals. It provides 24/7 emergency services as part of the St George’s Hospital Trauma Centre.
It has excellent links with all specialities within the Trust and the full compliment of radiology services
- Direct access ultrasound and fluoroscopy services
- 24 – hour emergency x-ray service
- 24 – hour CT service (not currently direct access)
- Extended service for MRI scanning (including evening and weekend lists) including direct access
- Nuclear Medicine including PET CT
- Advanced interventional studies in a dedicated interventional suite vices are offered for both adults and children.
The Radiology Department at Queen Mary’s Hospital has modern fully digital equipment.
- We offer GP services for plain film radiography and ultrasound.
- We also offer CT, digital mammography, fluoroscopy and OPG dental x-rays via outpatient clinics.
- Walk in services for CT (Mon-Fri 9am to 4pm) and OPG (Mon-Fri 9am to 5pm).
- Four ultrasound rooms
- Digital mammography
- Two direct digital general x-ray rooms
- Fluoroscopy room
- 128-slice CT scanner
- Digital OPG
- Children’s play area in department and coffee shop nearby
St George's Hospital
St James' Wing Reception
020 8725 1485
Paediatric Radiology Reception
020 8725 4197
Ultrasound Scanning Reception
020 8725 1776
Nuclear Medicine Reception
020 8725 1804
CT Scanning Reception
020 8725 1730
020 8725 2933
A&E Radiology Reception
020 8725 1296
St. John's Therapy Centre Radiology Reception
020 8812 6571
Queen Mary's Hospital
Head of Radiology
020 8487 6514
020 8487 6512
020 8487 6513
Fax: 020 8487 6178
The Nelson Health Centre
Tel: 020 3668 3300
Please note that the plain x-ray service for this site is for patients over the age of 16 and by appointment only
General x-ray service 8am - 4pm weekdays including direct access service
Monday to Friday 8am – 7pm
Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holidays 11am – 4pm
St. John's Therapy Centre
Monday to Friday 9am - 12pm and 2pm - 4pm
The Nelson Health Centre
Monday to Friday 8am - 8pm
Treatments at St George's Hospital
- Plain radiography: including walk-in service for GP-referred patients Monday – Friday.
- Ultrasound: including state-of-the-art contrast ultrasound, intervention and musculoskeletal ultrasound; outreach services are provided at St John’s Therapy Centre;
- Fluoroscopy: for gastrointestinal and gynaecological indications;
- CT imaging: including cardiac CT, CT colonography and dual-energy CT imaging for a number of indications;
- MR imaging: for all indications with direct access available to primary care for spine, knee and IAM examinations;
- Nuclear Medicine: including full range of services; a weekly PET CT service is currently provided by a mobile service;
- Interventional radiology: (see next section)
- Cardiac laboratory: for cardiac catheter examinations, both diagnostic and interventional;
- Dental: supporting the dental and maxillofacial unit.
- Rodnick Vassallo - Superintendent Radiographer at Queen Mary's Hospital
- X-ray Adult barium enema
- Radiology – Information for patients receiving radioiodine treatment
- Radiology – TRUS (trans-rectal) ultrasound of the prostate gland
- Virtual or CT Colonography
Referrals for radiological imaging can be made by completing request a form which should be given to the patient who can telephone 0208 725 1485 to make a convenient appointment.
For general x-ray requests the patient should bring the request form to the department for examination. Request forms can be ordered on telephone 0208 725 2651.
For Queen Mary's Hospital referrals please contact reception on 020 8487 6512 or 020 8487 6513