Queen Mary’s referrals
How to make a non-urgent referral
Where possible, please address all referrals to ‘Dear Doctor’. This will often reduce the amount of time the patient needs to wait for their appointment. However, if you or your patient have a preference for a particular consultant, please address your referral directly to the named consultant.
Please send all referrals via ERS.
To help us and your patient please ensure that your referral letter includes:
- Full GP and practice details
- Complete and correctly spelt patient name and date of birth
- All relevant clinical history
- Any relevant pathology or scan results
- Whether an interpreter is required
- If you have booked transport for the patient
- Patient contact telephone numbers
- Patient’s NHS number
If you have any queries about referrals or appointments, please call the Call Centre on 020 8487 6290.
GPs can call 020 8487 6848 for advice during office hours.
- Cardiology QMH Referral Form May 2019
- Orthotics referral form
- Sutton & Merton Podiatry Referral Form
- Wheelchair service referral
All cancer referrals need to be sent via the NHS e-Referral service (eRS). At this point any patients requiring an appointment at Queen Mary’s Hospital will be booked to one of our clinics under the two week wait rule. Cancer referral forms are available from the London Cancer Alliance website.
Direct access endoscopy referrals
Physiotherapy any qualified provider (AQP) referrals
Special seating clinic referrals
Rapid Diagnostic Pathways
- Arrythmia rapid diagnosis pathway
- Chest pain rapid diagnosis pathway
- Heart failure rapid diagnosis pathway
- Heart murmurs rapid diagnosis pathway
- Hypertension rapid diagnosis pathway
Ear, nose and throat
- Abdominal pain and altered bowel habit rapid diagnosis pathway
- Chronic liver disease rapid diagnosis pathway
- Dysphagia rapid diagnosis pathway
- Jaundice rapid diagnosis pathway
- your diet following a intra-gastric balloon placement
- Elevated PSA rapid diagnosis pathway
- Erectile dysfunction rapid diagnosis pathway
- Haematuria rapid diagnosis pathway
- Lower urinary tract symptoms rapid diagnosis pathway
- Scrotal Swelling rapid diagnosis pathway