How to make a non-urgent referral
Where possible, please address all referrals to ‘Dear Doctor’. This will often reduce the amount of time the patient needs to wait for their appointment. However, if you or your patient have a preference for a particular consultant, please address your referral directly to the named consultant.
The address for all non-urgent referrals is:
Central Booking Service
St George’s Hospital
London SW17 0QT
To help us and your patient please ensure that your referral letter includes:
- Full GP and practice details
- Complete and correctly spelt patient name and date of birth
- All relevant clinical history
- Any relevant pathology or scan results
- Whether an interpreter is required
- Patient contact telephone numbers
- Patient’s NHS number
If you have any queries about referrals or appointments, please call the Central Registration Department on 020 8725 0007.