St George’s Hospital Charity
About St George’s Hospital Charity
St George’s Hospital and Queen Mary’s Hospital are two places where incredible things happen every day.
St George’s Hospital Charity exists to support these hospitals and the communities they serve. We give grants and raise funds to improve facilities, provide equipment, enable ground-breaking research and fund an array of arts activities, as well as support staff.
Every day, our work makes a real difference to patients, their families and friends, and the staff who care for them.
In the last year, more than 50,000 people benefited from the work of the charity. We issued grants of £2.3 million across both St George’s and Queen Mary’s Hospitals.
Just some of the projects we’ve funded include:
- An essential refurbishment of Caesar Hawkins Ward
- Over £400k towards three separate medical research studies to make a positive impact on patient care
- Sofa beds on the children’s wards so parents and carers can more easily spend the night alongside their sick kids
- A cardiovascular monitoring device to allow for more in-depth assessment of cardio patients
- The ‘St George’s Hero Awards’ annual staff appreciation event which celebrates the achievements of staff from across the Trust
- A ‘relative’s room’ in the Neuro Intensive Care Unit which allows patient’s family and friends a quiet and private space near the bedside of their loved one
- Electronic access guides to make our wards more accessible to patients, visitors and staff
- Bedside music every week to improve morale for long-stay patients in hospital
- A MEP machine to better monitor the spinal cord during neuro surgeries
- And pain distraction devices for every bed in our paediatrics inpatients department
How your gift will help
St George’s Hospital Charity relies on voluntary donations.
Whether it’s new medical equipment, therapy services, art activities for patients, training for our medical staff, or enhancements to our gardens and buildings, it all adds up…
Every single donation makes a difference.
With your support we will be able to continue funding projects and equipment which touch the lives of the thousands of people cared for by our hospitals every day.
- £10 could buy new toys for the children’s playrooms to provide important fun and respite from the hospital wards
- £36 can fund a rehabilitation massage for a cancer patient
- £100 could help us buy specialist medical equipment
- £500 would cover the cost of five heart monitors to accurately measure heart rate 24 hours a day
- £1000 would contribute towards image displays in theatre so that live images of operations could be shown to students as part of their training
“I was inspired to support St George’s Hospital Charity by my cousin, who is currently awaiting a kidney transplant. I’m funding the purchase of an important piece of equipment that allows more people to receive treatment and makes their lives that little bit easier. To give happiness to others is a great act of charity.”
Mrs Jayshri Modi, St George’s Hospital Charity donor
Make a donation
You can make a donation in a number of ways:
Visit us in the fundraising office on the ground floor of Grosvenor Wing
Send a cheque made payable to St George’s Hospital Charity to:
St George’s Hospital Charity
Fundraising Office, Grosvenor Wing
St George’s Hospital, Blackshaw Road
London, SW17 0QT
Visit the Charity website www.stgeorgeshospitalcharity.org.uk for more information.
To find out more about Fundraising or getting involved in a challenge event like a marathon or skydive please contact the Fundraising Office on 020 8725 4522 or at email@example.com