Huntington’s Disease Multidisciplinary Clinic
On this page:
What is the Multidisciplinary Huntington’s Disease Clinic?
It is a specialist clinic for people who live in South West London, Surrey or West Sussex who either have, or are at risk of developing, Huntington’s Disease, and their families and carers.
We see people for the following reasons:
- To give advice, information, social and emotional support
- For genetic counselling (people at risk of HD)
- For prenatal genetic testing/referral for Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis
- For management of symptoms
- To give information and the opportunity to take part in current research projects in Huntington’s disease, if appropriate
Tel: 0208 725 3343
Huntington’s Disease Clinical Nurse Specialist: 07824 583384
Clinical Nurse Specialist
Miss Harriet McMillan
Dr Akshay Nair
How can I be referred to the clinic?
You cannot refer yourself to the HD clinic. We can accept referrals from General Practitioners and hospital specialists (usually neurologists, psychiatrists or clinical geneticists). The quickest way to be referred to the clinic is usually to see your GP.