Heart failure service
On this page:
The one-stop heart failure diagnostic clinic is run by Dr Lisa Anderson and accepts local and tertiary referrals and acts as a triage point to direct patient to the most appropriate treatment strategies:
- Medical therapy: Community based and delivered via a network of heart failure specialist nurses across the local and southern counties CCGs.
- Electrophysiological intervention: CRT, CRT-D, Atrial fibrillation, ventricular tachycardia and AV node ablation
- Revascularisation: Minimally invasive off-pump bypass surgery, High risk percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI)
- Patient with valvular disease: Valve surgery, Percutaneous valve replacement programme (TAVI)
The service benefits from an excellent echocardiography department and all patients have full assessment on the day, including when necessary dyssynchrony and transoesophageal (TOE) echocardiographic studies. As well as ready access to electrophysiological, surgical and interventional colleagues the extended multidisciplinary team includes the pulmonary hypertension service, sleep clinic, respiratory and renal physicians.
Cardiac MRI is also a vital clinical component of the heart failure/cardiomyopathy service and is performed on-site. The clinic also provides for clinical and translational research in heart failure and CRT.
One-stop Diagnostic Clinic
All heart-failure patients are seen in a single session with the following:
- Bloods including NTproBNP
- Chest X-Ray (where necessary)
- Spirometry (where necessary)
- Consultant Assessment (Dr Anderson) and long-term management plan
Additional investigations such as angiography, myocardial perfusion scanning and cardiac magnetic resonance arranged where necessary.
Enter your postcode into the box above for directions
No routes found The location entered couldn't be found, please check for typo or try a broader search.
Technical error There's been a problem with the Google Map. Please email the communications team and let them know.
- Dr Lisa Anderson, Consultant Cardiologist
- Mark O’Donnell, Heart Failure Nurse Specialist
- Matthew Sunter, Heart Failure Nurse Specialist
- Contact: Heart.Failure@stgeorges.nhs.uk