On this page:
The Dermatology Department at St George’s is situated on the ground floor of Lanesborough wing, in clinic B where Dermatology and Lymphoedema clinics (see below) take place.
The Dermatology Department is for the diagnosis and treatment of patients with skin complaints. In addition to general dermatology clinics, where the majority of patients will be seen, the Department also provides a number of specialist and tertiary clinics.
The skin cancer and melanoma service at St George’s Hospital covers a large catchment area including South West London, Surrey, Sussex, Hampshire and West Sussex. We are a leading centre for delivering sentinel node biopsy. The skin cancer screening clinic is one of the busiest in London. The department also runs a multidisciplinary clinic with colleagues from Plastic Surgery and Radio-Oncology for patients with non-melanoma skin cancers.
- Emergency clinic: for patients referred urgently by their GP.
- Skin Cancer Screening Clinic: (Dr Marsden/ Dr Akhras/ Dr Samarasinghe).
- Plastic/Radiotherapy/Dermatology Clinic for patients with diagnosed non melanoma skin cancer (Mr Powell, Mrs Odili, Dr Akhras).
- Melanoma Clinic for patients with an established diagnosis of malignant melanoma (Dr Akhras, Mr Powell, Prof Dalgleish).
- Severe psoriasis clinic (Dr Lamb, Mr Baksh)
- Surveillance clinic for transplant patients (Dr Singh)
- Paediatric dermatology clinic (Dr Gilaberte)
- Adolescent clinic (Dr Gilaberte)
- Combined Genetics/Dermatology clinic (Dr Gilaberte)
- Combined Rheumatology/Dermatology clinic (Dr Akhras/ Dr Kaul)
- Photodynamic Therapy Clinic (Dr Ostlere).
- Diphencyprone clinic (Dr Akhras)
- Contact Allergy Clinic for patients with contact dermatitis (Dr Ostlere).
- Monitoring clinic for patients receiving systemic medications
- Vulval Dermatology Clinic (Dr Soo)
- Complex skin surgery (Dr Samarasinghe)
The following nurse led clinics are also undertaken in our Department by our dedicated team of Dermatology Clinical Nurse Specialists:
- Acne clinics
- Minor ops
- Psoriasis drug monitoring clinic
- DCP/ wart clinic
- Day unit procedures (Photodynamic therapy, Phototherapy, Iontophoresis, Patch testing)
St George's Hospital
- Administration: 020 8725 2500
- Follow up Appointments: 020 8725 1792
- Day unit: 020 8725 3485
- Switchboard: 020 8672 1255
Queen Mary's Hospital
- Appointments: 0845 608 8888
- Nurse Telephone advice: 020 8487 6463
- Secretaries: 020 8487 6326
- Outpatients appointments: 020 8487 6449
- Paediatric: 020 8487 6349
There are Dermatology Clinics at Queen Mary's Monday-Friday with a Clinician available each day.
Enter your postcode into the box above for directions
No routes found The location entered couldn't be found, please check for typo or try a broader search.
Technical error There's been a problem with the Google Map. Please email the communications team and let them know.
Current clinical staff
- Dr Victoria Akhras: Consultant Dermatologist
- Dr Ruth Lamb: Consultant Dermatologist
- Dr Manuraj Singh: Consultant Dermatologist
- Dr Kristiana Gordon: Consultant in Dermatology & Lymphovascular Medicine
- Dr Lucy Ostlere: Consultant Dermatologist
- Dr Venura Samarasinghe: Consultant Dermatologist & Dermatological Surgeon
- Dr Imran Khan: Consultant Dermatologist
- Dr John Ferguson: Consultant Dermatologist
- Dr Julia Soo: Consultant Dermatologist
- Dr Juliet Williams: Locum Consultant Dermatologist
- Dr Montserrat Gilaberte Pena: Locum Consultant Dermatologist
- Mr Nick Baksh: Dermatology Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Ms Angelina Myagkaya: Dermatology Clinical Nurse Specialist