On this page:
The Dermatology unit at St. George’s Hospital is a very active department, seeing over 40,000 patients a year and providing general and specialist dermatology care to patients in Wandsworth and the surrounding boroughs. We run clinics at St. George’s Hospital, the Nelson, Queen Mary’s Hospital Roehampton and at various GP practices in Wandsworth.
The department is led by 13 Consultant Dermatologists, as well as a team of 5 specialist registrars, associate specialists, clinical fellows, an overseas registrar and highly skilled specialist nurses.
|Dr Victoria Akhras (Clinical Lead, Melanoma Lead)||8 sessions|
|Dr Kristiana Gordon (Lymphoedema Lead)||9 sessions|
|Professor Peter Mortimer||2 sessions (and 3 SGUL sessions)|
|Dr Alya Abdul-Wahab (Paediatric Dermatology Lead)||8 sessions|
|Dr Lucy Ostlere||1.5 sessions|
|Dr Allan Marsden||2 sessions|
|Dr Samantha Keegan (Governance Lead)||7 sessions|
|Dr Venura Samarasinghe (Skin Cancer Lead)||9 sessions|
|Dr Ruth Lamb (Psoriasis and Biologics lead)||10 sessions|
|Dr Imran Khan||10 sessions|
|Dr Amanda Woods (QMH)||0.5 session|
|Dr Tamara Basarab (QMH)||2.5 sessions|
|Dr Kara Heelan||2 session|
Dermatology Clinical Fellow: Dr Bernard Ho
- Lauren Dykes (SGH)
- Angelina Myagkaya (SGH)
- Sandra Howard (QMH)
- Shirley Nunes Le-Blanc (QMH)
- Lesley Drake (Staff Nurse)
- Michelle Johnson (Staff nurse)
- Carolyn Goulborne (Staff Nurse)
- Kim Turner (Staff Nurse)
Telephone: 0208 7252500
Fax: 0208 7253297
Ruth Smith and Luis Carlos-Freire
The Dermatology unit at St. George’s Hospital University NHS Trust does not accept inpatients solely under their care, but any patients admitted to the hospitals within this trust will have access to joint care and regular reviews within the service.
The department is mainly outpatient led. It is a tertiary referral centre for skin cancer, psoriasis, vulval dermatoses, paediatric allergy, lymphoedema, connective tissue disease and hair and nail problems. A full list of specialist clinics undertaken in the Dermatology department at St George’s is as follows:
Consultant led services
- Daily emergency walk-in clinic, for referred patients.
- A weekly rapid referral skin cancer clinic for patients with suspected melanoma and non-melanoma skin cancer – the Skin Cancer Screening Clinic (Dr A Marsden/ Dr V Samarasinghe/Dr Khan/ Dr Keegan/ Dr V Akhras).
- A fortnightly joint Plastic/Radiotherapy/Dermatology Clinic for patients with diagnosed non melanoma skin cancer (Prof B Powell, Miss J Odili, Dr V Akhras,
- Dr A Marsden, Dr Samarasinghe, Dr S Lalondrelle).
- The weekly Joint Melanoma Clinic for patients with an established diagnosis of malignant melanoma (Dr V Akhras, Prof B Powell, Prof A Dalgleish, Dr A Fusi, Miss J Odili).
- Weekly clinic for Transplant patients (Dr S Keegan)
- Weekly Paediatric skin clinic (Dr Abdul-Wahab)
- Weekly Adolescent clinic (Dr Abdul-Wahab)
- Combined Paediatric Allergy/ Dermatology clinic (Dr A Woods)
- Combined Rheumatology/Dermatology clinic (Dr V Akhras)
- Community clinics
- National Tertiary Lymphoedema Referral Clinics – (Professor P Mortimer/ Dr K Gordon).
- Photodynamic Therapy Clinic – (Dr L Ostlere).
- Diphencyprone clinic (monthly – Dr V Akhras/Dr I Khan)
- Weekly Contact Clinic for patients with contact dermatitis – (Dr L Ostlere/Dr I Khan).
- Special Interest Clinic (monthly – chaired by Professor P Mortimer)
- Weekly Severe Psoriasis / Biologics clinic (Dr R Lamb)
- Complex surgical list (Dr V Samarasinghe)
Nurse led services
- Weekly Acne clinics
- Minor operations
- Systemic drug monitoring clinic
- DCP/ wart clinic
- Adult and paediatric skin education
- Day unit procedures (Photodynamic therapy, TLO1 phototherapy, Iontophoresis,
- Patch testing)
- Botox for axillary hyperhidrosis
As an Academic Unit within university teaching hospital, we often have medical students within our clinics, so please bear this in mind when attending appointments.
Enter your postcode into the box above for directions
No routes found The location entered couldn't be found, please check for typo or try a broader search.
Technical error There's been a problem with the Google Map. Please email the communications team and let them know.
Ground floor Lanesborough Wing by the entrance
Dermatology Adult Clinics
Ground floor Lanesborough outpatient department, clinic B
Dermatology Paediatric clinics
Ground floor Lanesborough outpatient department, Dragon centre
Rose Centre at St George’s Hospital