Conditions we treat
On this page:
In the hand therapy department we treat a variety hand conditions. Here you will find useful resources to get informed for the different conditions and help taking care of your hand.
These resources contain information about the nature of your condition, practical advice for managing it and simple exercises you can do at home to aid your recovery.
Please note: If a medical professional has advised you to avoid any type of movement e.g. if you are not allowed to move your wrist following a tendon repair, please adhere to these recommendations prior to attempting any of the below programmes.
Simply click on the relevant diagnosis to be taken to a list of resources to help you on your way:
The following list describes the most commonly treated:
- Flexor tendon injuries and repairs
- Extensor tendon injuries and repairs
- Nerve injuries and repairs
- Fractures of the Hand/Wrist
- Mallet finger injury
- Central Slip injury
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome/Decompression
- Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS)
- De Quervain’s Tenosynovitis
- Trigger finger /thumb
- Dupuytren’s disease
- Scapholunate ligament injury
- Triangular Fibro-Cartilage Complex injury (TFCC)
- Thumb UCL ligament injury
- Finger joint sprains/dislocations
- Rheumatoid Arthritis