Welcome from Anita D’Souza, Head of Nursing for Newborn Services
Thank you for visiting our careers pages. The Neonatal Unit at St George’s is a very special place to work – welcoming, exciting, challenging, and inspiring. We also have an excellent reputation for delivering high standards of care.
Please just don’t take my word for it though. Have a look at what our fantastic, friendly nursing team have to say too. Whether they have been here 30+ years or just three months, our nurses are supported, encouraged to learn and develop new skills, and work within a genuine and holistic team of doctors, allied health professionals and administrative staff in the department, and across the Trust.
Most importantly, we work in partnership with parents and their families and are committed to delivering a high quality service. The unit cares for around 650 babies per year and also provides a community follow-up service. No family or baby is the same and we are dedicated to making their experience as good as it possibly can be at what is always an incredibly difficult time.
We are very proud of the commitment, passion and professionalism our nurses show day in, day out. Everyone makes a real contribution to our drive for continuous improvement. Please come and join us. As our nurses highlight, there are many great reasons to become part of the team, including:
- Comprehensive Induction Programme
- A range of fully funded courses e.g. Practice Assessor
- Structured Band 6 Development and Leadership Programme
- Surgical unit including neurology, ENT (Ears, Norse and Throat) and respiratory
- A wide variety of experience and expertise with ongoing formal training and learning opportunities – ranging from courses to consultants who share their knowledge and are always open and supportive
- Friendly, supportive environment in a busy, large London Acute Trust – the home of ‘Baby Surgeons’ – the brand new two-part Channel 4 documentary series
- Clear career progression routes from Band 5 to Band 8 Advanced Neonatal Nurse Practitioners
- Salary including Inner London Weighting
- If you’re interested in our current Band 5 and 6 opportunities, please contact the following members of the team:
- Claire Dooley, Recruitment Lead email@example.com
- Laura James, Matron for Special Care, Transitional Care and Community Outreach firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mariella Tonzanu, Matron for the Neonatal Unit email@example.com
Thank you again for taking the time to find out more about the Neonatal Unit at St George’s – it’s a great place to work and you will be made very welcome.