General Intensive Care
On this page:
- Main content
- Contact details
- Staff members
- Patient information leaflets
The General Intensive Care service cares for the most severely ill patients in the hospital. The service is able care for, diagnose and treat virtually any acute illness. It uses an array of enhanced physiological monitoring systems, organ supportive therapies and complex treatments that necessitate a high staff to patient ratio of a highly skilled, multi-professional team.
1st Floor, St James’s Wing
St George’s Hospital
London SW17 0QT
020 8725 1307
Direct Fax: 020 8725 3296
Enter your postcode into the box above for directions
No routes found The location entered couldn't be found, please check for typo or try a broader search.
Technical error There's been a problem with the Google Map. Please email the communications team and let them know.
- Care of acutely unwell patients at risk of, or, following the development of, one, or more,organ system/s failure/s.
- Elective care of patients following complex / high risk surgery
- Professor Andy Rhodes (Medical Director)
- Dr Jonathan Ball (Care Group Lead for the General Intensive Care)
- Dr Mark Hamilton
- Dr Rafik Bedair (Clinical Director for Adult Critical Care)
- Dr Vanessa Elliott
- Dr Susannah Leaver
- Dr Orsolya Miskolci
- Dr Jonathan Aron
- Dr Nirav Shah
Senior Nursing Staff
- Paul Randall - Head of Nursing for Adult Critical Care
- Deborah Dawson - Consultant Nurse
- Lindsey Izard - Matron for GICU
- Susan Reynolds - Matron for GICU