Professor Emma Baker
Telephone: 020 8725 5383
Secretary: Ruth Jeyanithi
Secretary email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Secretary telephone: 020 8725 0164
Professor Baker is a consultant in respiratory, general medicine and clinical pharmacology. She has a specialist clinical interest in advanced COPD, bronchiectasis and chronic lung infection.
Professor Baker graduated from the University of Edinburgh in 1988and earned her PhD from Manchester University in 1996. She has been a consultant at St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust since 2000.
Over the last few years she had set up an advanced COPD service. She is a member of the respiratory consultant team caring for inpatients on respiratory specialist wards. In addition she contributes to the acute in taking rota.
Her main research interests are in COPD. She is currently running a multicentre national investigator-led clinical trials to improve the treatment of patients with COPD exacerbations.
- Fellow: Royal College of Physicians
- National Teaching FellowHigher Education Academy
- Respiratory Speciality Group LeadNIHR London South
- Comprehensive Local Research Network Education LeadNIHR
- Trustee and Council memberBritish Pharmacological Society
- Executive editorBritish Journal of Clinical Pharmacology
- Best Undergraduate TeacherSt George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust - 2007 and 2009