Mr Austin Ugwumadu
Secretary: Sandra Gaul
Secretary email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Secretary telephone: 020 8725 0506
Mr Ugwumadu is a consultant and senior lecturer in obstetrics and gynaecology at St George's, specialising in conditions such as recurrent vulvovaginal thrush and irritation, vulval dermatoses, bacterial vaginosis, premenstrual tension and general gynaecology.
His other clinical interests include perinatal infections, late miscarriage, preterm delivery, high-risk pregnancies, intrapartuum care and fetal monitoring.
Mr Ugwumadu earned an MBBS with distinction at the University of Lagos in 1986, going on to receive his PhD from the University of London in 2006.
In 2001 he was appointed to his post at St George's Hospital and St George's University of London. His clinical and research interests are primarily focused on perinatal infections, intrapartum fetal monitoring and hypoxic brain injury.
- Member: Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (MRCOG) - 1994
- Fellow: Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (MRCOG) - 2007
- Scientific editor British Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Editor Infectious Diseases in Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Editor Global Library for Women's Medicine
- Member: WHO guideline development group
- Member: Preterm Birth International Collaborative (PREBIC)
- Member: British Maternal and Fetal Medicine Society (BMFMS)
- Member: European Society for Infectious Diseases in Obstetrics and Gynaecology (ESIDOG)