Dr Andrzej Krol
Telephone: 020 8725 3704
Secretary: Pain Secretary
Secretary telephone: 020 8725 6577 / 6524
- Pain medicine
- Interventional chronic pain managment
- Regional anaesthesia
- Vascular anaesthesia
Dr Krol is a consultant anaesthetist with a special interest in ultrasound guided interventions for pain management and in interest in regional anaesthesia.
Dr Krol graduated from the University of Warsaw School of Medicine in 1991 and was awarded an MD. He became a specialist in anaesthesia and intensive care in 1998 and in palliative medicine in 2000. In addition, he obtained the European Diploma in anaesthesia and intensive care in the same year.
Andrzej joined St George's as a clinical pain fellow in 2004 and became a consultant in anaesthesia and pain medicine in 2005.
He has driven the implementation of a multimodal approach to pain management at St George's Hospital which includs pharmacotherapy, therapeutic and diagnostic interventions and require close co-operation with psychologists and physiotherapists.
Andrzej has a strong educational and research background and leads a very successful course in regional anaesthesia.
He acts currently as Clinical Lead for Regional anaesthesia.
Dr Krol’s membership of professional bodies includes:
- Member: Polish Society of Anaesthesiologists
- Member: Polish Pain Society - Chair of Interventional Section
- Member: European Society of Anaesthesiology
- Member: European Society of Regional Anasthesia
- Fellow: Royal College of Anaesthetists
- Fellow : Faculty of Pain Medicine, Royal College of Anaesthetists
- Member: British Pain Society
- Member: London Society of Regional Anaesthetics
- Member: London Pain Forum