We are one of the country’s leading teaching hospitals with an international reputation for education and research, and being situated 25 minutes from central London there are a host of attractions right on our doorstep.
The Trust offers a wide range of benefits to employees:
- Staff have access to MyLifestyle platform, which offers a range of retail discounts, car leasing scheme, discounted health and dental plans.
- There are also a local discounts available in nearby restaurants and bars.
- Generous annual leave entitlement in hours:
- 0-5 year’s service – 35 days inclusive
- 5-10 year’s service – 37 days inclusive
- 10+ year’s service – 41 days inclusive
- Generous NHS pension scheme – http://www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/pensions
- Childcare support and information from a dedicated adviser.
Keeping Well at Work
We have a dedicated Health and Wellbeing team that runs and promotes initiatives that promote mental, physical, social and financial wellbeing.
- The Trust offers a Staff Counselling Service which provides free advice and counselling on a variety of problems such as stress, loss or bereavement, work difficulties and personal issues. The counsellors offer a totally confidential and professional counselling service to all staff, and where possible offer flexible appointment times to accommodate different working schedules.
- Staff have free access to apps to support their mental health (Headspace, Unmind).
- We regularly offer Mental Health First Aid training, to ensure there are colleagues who can spot the signs of poor mental health and offer to listen and signpost to support resources.
- We run regulat online guided meditation sessions that staff can join via MS Teams.
Sports and Leisure Facilities
- Located on the St George’s Hospital Site, The Robert Lowe Sports Centre offers a, squash courts, and an all-purpose sports hall and that are available to staff for a reasonable annual subscription.
- Outdoor gym equipment is available to use for free on St George’s site. It is located in a courtyard of Atkinson Morley Wing.
- There is a fully equipped gym and fitness classes available to staff for free at Queen Mary’s Hopsital.
- Tooting Leisure Centre is a two-minute walk from the hospital. Facilities at the centre include a swimming pool, steam room, large modern equipped gym, sports hall and various classes and clubs, That are available at discounted prices for the NHS staff.
- We committed to supporting staff with menopause symptoms by offering information sessions, courses and Menopause Cafés to staff. We have a Menopause Policy and offer training to all staff and managers.
Our Trust is smoke-free and we have a smoking cessation team that helps patients and staff to quit smoking.
There is a range of activities available at the Trust, that encourage people to socialise and connect based on their mutual interests and experiences.
- St George’s Charity Arts team runs weekly Choir sessions and monthly arts and crafts sessions.
- There is a monthly sewing club that is facilitated by the Sewing Room staff.
- Health and Wellbeing team runs initiatives to encourage teams to engage in activities together.
- Health and Wellbeing Champion network that staff can join if they are interested in promoting health and wellbeing in their teams.
- Equality and Diversity networks that staff can participate in.
Wagestream is a tool for everyday life that lets you get paid your way by letting you track your wages in real-time, stream up to 20% of the money you’ve already earned, learn easy tips to manage your money better and save your wages straight from your salary.
Interest-Free Season Ticket Loan
Any permanent member of staff can apply for an interest free loan to purchase an annual season ticket or a business parking permit from Wandsworth Borough Council. This allows you to benefit from the savings available when you purchase an annual season ticket, and the loan is paid back over the course of 10 months via payroll deductions.
Cycle to Work
St George’s offers staff salary sacrifice options for bike leasing or purchase. We offer regular free onsite bike servicing for staff. Cyclists have access to bike parking, changing facilities and showers. Staff can join the Bicycle User Group to contribute to making St Georges a friendlier place for cyclists.