Outpatient HIV services
On this page:
The HIV outpatient service has consistently met all its quality standards and ranked above London average for clinical outcomes. HIV clinics are provided at both the Courtyard Clinic, St Georges Hospital and at the Roehampton Clinic, Queen Mary’s Hospital. This is a consultant led service provided by a number of consultants between the Clinical Infection and GU medicine teams; lead clinicians for this service are Dr Mark Pakianathan and Professor Derek Macallan at the Courtyard Clinic and Dr Paul Lister at Roehampton Clinic. Dr Phillip Hay chairs complex antiretroviral discussion forum which deals with complex prescribing decisions for patients across SWAGNET (South-west London sexual health and HIV network) and the SW sector.
We endeavour to see newly diagnosed patients on the same or next working day for confirmatory bloods and support around diagnosis. Health advisers are available to support primary care in the giving of an HIV diagnosis if required.
Courtyard clinic St George’s Hospital
020 8725 3140
Roehampton clinic, Queen Mary’s Hospital
0208 487 6863
If a patient needs to be seen urgently, including new diagnoses, please contact the Clinical Nurse Specialist, Helen Webb on 020 8725 2690 or 020 8672 1255 bleep 6315 (Monday – Friday 08:30 – 17:00). At weekends or overnight please contact the on-call SpR for Clinical Infection Unit through St George’s Hospital switchboard if advice is needed.
Appointment clinics run Mon- Fri with an evening service available on Thursday at the Courtyard Clinic.
- Hepatitis co-infection
- TB co-infection
- Family clinic (joint paediatric and adult)
- Adolescent transition HIV clinic
- Young Persons HIV Clinic
- Conception and pregnancy clinic
- Adherence support clinics
- Dr Katia Prime - Consultant in GUM and HIV Medicine
- Dr Ali Elgalib - Consultant genitourinary Medicine and HIV
- Bonjana Dragovic - Consultant Physicina
- Phillip Hay - Reader and Honorary Consultant
- Richard Lau - Consultant
- Mark Pakianathan - Consultant Physician
- Tariq Sadiq - Honorary Consultant
- Helen Webb - Clinic Nurse Specialist, HIV