On this page:
The fertility service at St George’s Hospital NHS Trust is a secondary level service offering specialist fertility investigations for women and couples and ovulation induction service.
How can I access the Fertility Service?
You need a referral from your GP or a referral from your consultant if you are an existing patient attending another service at St George’s Hospital.
What is the pathway for patients attending our fertility service?
- Initial consultation
- Relevant blood tests
- Semen analysis for male partner as applicable
- Specialist fertility ultrasound scan
- Fallopian tubal patency test (as applicable)
- Follow up consultation to discuss test results and plan treatment
- Counselling if necessary
- Ovulation induction with monitoring (as applicable)
- Treatment of relevant hormonal disorders
- Referral for treatment of other gynecological conditions (as relevant)
- Referral for NHS funded assisted conception including IVF if eligible for funding
The departmental secretary is Beatrice Benjamin: