Preparing For Your Vestibular Function Tests
On this page:
1. It is important that you have your ears checked for wax at your GP surgery before your appointment. Some procedures cannot be carried out if you have excessive wax in your ears.
2. Avoid make-up, especially eye make-up. This may make it more difficult for our eye measurement systems to record your eye movement.
3. Avoid alcohol or sleeping tablets the night before the test, but preferably at least 24 hours before.
4. Please try to have a light meal or breakfast and normal drinks before the test if your appointment is in the morning. If it is the afternoon please have a light lunch and normal drinks.
5. Stop any anti-dizziness medication you may already be taking for 48 hours prior to your appointment. Most common ones prescribed are:
STUGERON (also known as Cinnarizine)STEMETIL (also known as Prochlorperazine or Buccastem)
SERC (also known as Betahistine)