On this page:

If you have a minor injury or simple illness you can attend the Queen Mary’s Hospital Minor Injuries Unit to see one of our specialist emergency nurses.

You can also get emergency contraception, advice on healthy living and information about other NHS services. The Minor Injuries Unit at Queen Mary’s benefits from having full access X-ray facilities at the hospital.

We do not treat children less than two years old or people injured in road traffic accidents.

If you have flu like symptoms or are suffering from diarrhoea and vomiting, stay at home and seek advice from your GP or call NHS 111.

Is it an emergency?

An emergency is a critical or life-threatening situation like loss of consciousness, severe chest pain, heavy blood loss or serious accidents.

In an emergency visit your local Emergency Department, or dial 999 or 112.