Macmillan Cancer Information & Support Centre
On this page:
The Macmillan Cancer Information & Support Centre at St George’s Hospital provides free, confidential information and support for anyone affected by cancer.
Whether you are living with or beyond cancer, or you are a loved one or a friend of someone with cancer we are here for you.
During the Covid-19 pandemic, the Macmillan Centre at St George’s has made changes to the way we work. We can now welcome you back for face-to-face drop in sessions with social distancing measures in place.
What do we offer?
Information and support
We offer a wide range of free information in different formats, such as leaflets in different languages, easy read, BSL, audio, videos and guided internet access.
Our resources include information and support about:
- All cancers, their treatments and effects
- Financial, social and practical issues
- How cancer affects your life and how to cope with changes
- Complementary therapies and how to access them
- Cancer and support services within St George’s Hospital
- Local support groups
- Cancer prevention and healthy lifestyles
- Our new YouTube channel is designed with you in mind. We have collaborated with cancer specialists to bring you a variety of wellbeing activities like chair based exercise classes, mindfulness, etc. for you to enjoy at home.
Need advice about your finances?
Macmillan Cancer Support and the Macmillan Benefits Advice Service (part of Citizens Advice Wandsworth) work in partnership to provide a free and confidential welfare, benefits and money advice service for people living with cancer, their families and carers in South West London.
Specialist advisers can help you identify the beneﬁts you may be entitled to, as well as provide assistance with completing forms if required. Other help offered includes accessing debt management support and making you aware of additional assistance that may be available to you.
You can access the service by telephoning 020 7042 0332 from Monday to Friday 9.30am – 5pm (excluding bank holidays). Or you can complete an online form here. Your enquiry will be responded to within 3 working days.
For further information about financial advice, click here.
CanChat telephone support line
Voice members are people at St George’s Hospital affected by cancer, such as patients, carers, family members, and friends who want to make a difference.
When you join us you will get:
- Cancer Connect Newsletter
- Invitations to events, activities, and opportunities for people affected by cancer
- Opportunities to share your views about what works and where we can make improvements
- The option to volunteer your skills and knowledge to help others
- The chance to also join the Core Voice Group
For more information about Voice, contact the Macmillan Information & Support Centre 020 8725 2677 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
To join, please complete the form by clicking here.