Macmillan Cancer Information & Support Centre
On this page:
The Macmillan Cancer Information & Support Centre team at St George’s and Queen Mary’s Hospitals provides free, confidential information and support for anyone affected by cancer.
Whether you are living with or beyond cancer, or you are a loved one or a friend of someone with cancer we are here for you.
We are drop-in service, you do need an appointment to visit.
Important notice: The Centre in St George’s hospital is closed for refurbishmentand will reopen on Monday 6th November. The team will still be available for enquiries, simply leave us a voicemail or send us an email.
What do we offer?
We offer a wide range of free information in different formats, such as leaflets in different languages, easy read, BSL, audio, videos and guided internet access.
Our resources include information and support about:
- All cancers, their treatments and effects
- Financial, social and practical issues
- How cancer affects your life and how to cope with changes
- Complementary therapies and how to access them
- Cancer and support services within St George’s Hospital
- Local support groups
- Cancer prevention and healthy lifestyles
Our health and wellbeing program
Health and wellbeing activities aim to help understand cancer and its treatments as well as supporting you with managing its impacts. Attending wellbeing activities are great opportunities for you and your carers to get together with others affected by cancer
Our free workshops and activities are held in person or online See What’s On Here
To attend the sessions, talk to your keyworker or visit the Macmillan Information & Support Centre. Also:
- To book the skincare session follow this link
- Attend the award winning prehabilitation session: Get Set for Surgery
- Watch IMPACT the educational videos series to support patients before, during and after Systemic Anti-Cancer Treatment.
- Our new YouTube channel is designed with you in mind. We have collaborated with cancer specialists to bring you a variety of wellbeing activities like chair based exercise classes, mindfulness, etc. for you to enjoy at home.
Tell us if you need additional support to attend the sessions e.g. online access, interpreter, larger prints etc..
Need advice about your finances?
Macmillan Cancer Support and the Macmillan Benefits Advice Service (part of Citizens Advice Wandsworth) work in partnership to provide a free and confidential welfare, benefits and money advice service for people living with cancer, their families and carers in South West London.
Specialist advisers can help you identify the beneﬁts you may be entitled to, as well as provide assistance with completing forms if required. Other help offered includes accessing debt management support and making you aware of additional assistance that may be available to you.
You can access the service by telephoning 020 7042 0332 from Monday to Friday 9.30am – 5pm (excluding bank holidays). Or you can complete an online form here. Your enquiry will be responded to within 3 working days.
For further information about financial advice, click here.