Mr Kunalan Maruthainar
BSc MBBS FRCS
Consultant paediatric orthopaedic surgeon
Secretary (St Georges): Ms H Hussain (HEENAKANWAL.HUSSAIN@stgeorges.nhs.uk / 020 8725 2032 / ext 2032)
Patient Pathway Coordinator (St Georges): Karim Minani – contact details (Karim.Minani@stgeorges.nhs.uk / 02087253220 / 02087250764 / ext 3220 / ext 0764)
Patient Pathway Coordinator (Epsom and St Helier): Ms J Sparkes and Miss E Smith (020 8296 3869 or St Helier main switchboard Ext 3869)
- common and infrequent paediatric orthopaedic pathology.
- Special interests in care of conditions requiring the multidisciplinary team including musculoskeletal infection and orthopaedic problems in children with cerebral palsy and other complex needs.
Mr Mauruthainar is a Consultant in Paediatrics Orthopaedics, currently serving at Epsom and St Helier University Hospitals, and an Honorary Consultant at St George’s University Hospital since 2020.
His primary focus is collaborating with outstanding paediatric orthopaedics consultants, clinical nurse specialists, and paediatric infectious disease teams at St George’s University Hospital. At St Helier, working alongside paediatricians, a trauma coordinator, and an orthopaedic medical team, supported by an extended scope practitioner and specialist paediatric physiotherapist in neurodisability.
His expertise lies in diagnosing and treating various paediatric orthopaedic conditions, including congenital anomalies, musculoskeletal injuries, and neuromuscular disorders.
- MBBS – University of London
- Research BSc – University of London
- MD – UCL
- FRCS Tr Orth – RCS Edinburgh
Orthopaedic Specialist Training
- Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital and Royal Free Hospital Rotation including time on the Bone Tumour Unit.
- Paediatric Orthopaedic Fellowship: Great Ormond Street and RNOH
Achievements in training
- Educational Supervisor – Epsom and St Helier University Hospitals – Best Educational Supervisor for Foundation Year2 cohort 2022-2023
Services (at St George’s Hospital)
- Paediatric fracture clinic
- Skeletal Dysplasia MDT