Professor Ian Loftus
Secretary: Hayley Mitchell
Secretary email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Secretary telephone: 020 8725 3214
Professor Loftus is a consultant vascular surgeon at St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust. His specialist interests are in endovascular surgery including complex aortic repair, hyperhidrosis and thoracoscopic sympathectomy, popliteal entrapment, thoracic outlet syndrome, carotid surgery and varicose veins.
Professor Loftus qualified in 1992, and was Lecturer in Surgery at Leicester University until 2004.
He was appointed as consultant vascular surgeon at St George's in 2004 to help develop the endovascular programme and in 2013 awarded honorary professorship in vascular surgery.
Professor Loftus is running a clinical research programme, including a number of international clinical trials, and is clinical director of the Regional Aortic Aneurysm Screening Programme.
- Chair of National Vascular Audit and Quality Improvement Committee of the Vascular Society of Great Britain.
- Council of the Vascular Society of Great Britain and British Society of Endovascular Therapy.
- National Lead for Revalidation in Vascular Surgery.
- Previous Critical Care Tutor and Examiner for the Royal College of Surgeons of England.
- Over 200 publications and book chapters.
- Editor of a number of textbooks on vascular and endovascular surgery.