Dr Paul Collinson
Telephone: 020 8725 5934
Secretary: Fatima Fernandes
Secretary email: email@example.com
Secretary telephone: 020 8725 5923
Dr Collinson is a consultant chemical pathologist at St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust. His main clinical interests are in hyperlipidaemia, the primary and secondary prevention of cardiac disease and complex lipid disorders.
Dr Collinson graduated from St Catherine's College, Cambridge in 1981 and trained at St Thomas' Hospital, London. He was awarded his MD from Cambridge University in 1994.
He is an expert advisor to the National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE) on cardiac biomarkers, and is responsible for developing and introducing troponin and B-type natriuretics to the UK.
- Fellow: Royal College of Pathologists (1997)
- Fellow: Royal Society of Medicine (2001)
- Fellow: National Academy of Clinical Biochemists (2002)
- President of pathology section, Royal Society of Medicine (2005-2007)
- Research excellence award in point of care testing from the AACC (2010)
- Labs are Vital Award for evidence based laboratory medicine (2011) - Awarded by European Federation of Clinical Chemistry