Dr Katia Prime
Telephone: 020 8725 0582
Secretary: Feroza Mountvala
Secretary email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Secretary telephone: 020 8725 3496
Dr Prime is a consultant in GUM and HIV medicine at St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust. Her main clinical interests are in sexual health in young people, adolescent HIV and vertically transmitted HIV infection.
Dr Prime qualified in 1996 at Manchester University with an MB ChB. This was after attaining an BSc in medical microbiology in 1993 from Manchester. She also holds a Diploma of the Faculty of family planning (1999) and a Diploma in genito-urinary medicine (2000).
She has been involved in clinical research with HIV-positive adolescents since 2001 and has presented posters and oral presentations at national and international conferences. She has also published her research in peer reviewed journals.
Dr Prime is currently training programme director for genito-urinary medicine at St George's Hospital.
- Member, Royal College of Physicians (UK) - 1999
- Fellow, Royal College of Physicians - 2009
- Vice Chair, HIV in Young Person's Network (HYPnet)
- Member, adolescent special interest group, British Association of Sexual Health and HIV (BASHH)
- Co-Chair, young person's subgroup, SWAGNET