Dr Johnny Vlahos
Secretary: Robin Pilbeam
Secretary email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Secretary telephone: 020 8725 1481
Dr Vlahos is a consultant radiologist with a number of specialist clinical interests. These include cardiothoracic radiology, abdominal radiology and advanced CT applications such as 3D, quantitative techniques, dual energy CT and iterative reconstruction dose reduction.
Dr Vlahos is a specialist registrar in the UK and a Diplomate with the American Board of Radiology. He graduated in 1990 with an MBBS from King's College, London, before attaining a BSc in 1993 from the same establishment.
He then took up the post of senior house officer (SHO) at King's College Hospital, Papworth Hospital and Addenbrooke's Hospital, Cambridge. From 1996 to 2002 he was appointed a specialist registrar in radiology at St Bartholomew's and the Royal London Hospitals.
In 2001 Dr Vlahos took up a one-year Alwyn Bursary and clinical fellowship in chest and body imaging at St Bartholomew's and the Royal London Hospitals. He then took up a one-year fellowship in chest and body imaging at New York University USA in 2002.
The following year he was appointed assistant professor and attending physicians at New York University until 2007. He has been a consultant at St George's since 2007.
Dr Vlahos' research highlights include being the divisional and departmental lead for research and being consultant to the industry for technology development and research. He sits on international research panels and research grant allocation committees as well as being a reviewer for numerous journals.
He has made many scientific presentations and authored many papers, chapters and original textbooks.
- Member General Medical Council
- Member Medical Defence Union
- Fellow Royal College of Radiologists
- Member Royal College of Physicians
- Member Radiological Society of North America
- Member American Roentgen Ray Society
- Member American Society o Emergency Radiology
- Member European Society of Radiology
- Member American College of Radiology
- Member American Board of Radiology
- Member Society of Thoracic Radiology
- Howlett Prize in Radiology - Winner 1993 and Runner up 1992
- Winner Tanner Prize in Obstetrics and Gynaecology 1993
- Winner Ware Prize in Pathology 1993
- Glaxo Dermatology Prize - Runner up 1992 and 1993
- Awarded RSNA Certificate of Merit 2008 2009 and 2010
- Winner Journal of Thoracic Imaging Review Award 2010
- Winner Siemens Research Award 2010
- Winner London School of Radiology Research Prize 2009
- Winner ARRS Certificate of Merit 2008
- Winner Hounsfield Award 2001
- Winner RSNA Magna cum Laude Award 2001
- Winner Aylwen Bursary Award2000
- Winner RSNA Certificate of Excellence in Design2000
- Winner 8th North Thames Research Award 2000
- Winner Finzi National Research Award 1999