Dr Jens Bolten
Telephone: 0208 725 3122 / 3317
- Cardiothoracic anaesthesia
- Transoesophageal Echocardiography
- Ultrasound in Anaesthesia
- Enhanced Recovery
- Patient Safety
Jens is a consultant anaesthetist with a special interest in cardiothoracic anaesthesia.
He graduated from the University of Bonn in Germany in 2002 and trained in anaesthetics, critical care medicine and pre-hospital emergency medicine at the University Hospital of Dusseldorf, Germany. In 2004 he was awarded a medical doctorate from the University of Bonn for research in acute lung injury/ARDS. He completed his training in 2010 having received CCTs in anaesthetics (Germany 2008) and intensive care medicine (Germany 2010).
Jens has an interest in cardiothoracic anaesthesia and transoesophageal echocardiography and was awarded EACVI/ESC TOE accreditation after completing an echo fellowship at the UCLH Heart Hospital in 2011. He joined the consultant team at St George's Hospital as a cardiothoracic anaesthetist in 2012.
He is teaching and promoting ultrasound in anaesthesia, led multiple courses on ultrasound for vascular access and transoesophageal echocardiography.
Jens is a Fellow of the Royal College of Anaesthetists (FRCA), a Diplomate of the European Society of Anaesthesia (DESA) and holds the European Diploma in Intensive Care Medicine (EDIC).
- Clinical Director for Theatres, Anaesthetics, Resuscitation, Decontamination, Pain and Pre-assessment
- Safe Anaesthesia Liaison Group (SALG) Regional Patient Safety Lead for St George's
- Clinical Lead for Cardiothoracic Anaesthesia 2016 - 2022
- Trust's Clinical Lead for Enhanced Recovery.
- Joint QuARC (Quality Audit and Research Coordinator)