Dr Bernie Liban
Telephone: 0208 725 3122 / 3317
- cardiothoracic anaesthesia
- airway anaesthesia
- bariatric anaesthesia
- anaesthesia for robotic surgery
- anaesthesia for orthopaedic surgery
Dr Bernie Liban is a consultant anesthetist at St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust.
Postgraduate training at St George’s and the Westminster Hospitals, London with a period of two years as Assistant Professor at UCLA in California.
Main anaesthesia interests: cardiothoracic, airway, bariatric, robotic, orthopaedic surgery and anaesthetic equipment with innovation.
Formerly Lead for Cardiothoracic Anaesthesia and College Tutor and Educational Supervisor for several years, now Consultant Appraisal Lead.
- Association of Anaesthetists of Great Britain and Ireland (AAGBI) Council member 2007-2011.
- Chairman of the Independent Practice Committee.
- Founder of the AAGBI Innovation Section and Award and AAGBI Innovation Lead.
- AAGBI Linkman
- Founder member of the Difficult Airway Society (DAS) and member of the Organising Committee of the 1st World Airway Management Meeting – WAMM 2015.
- Founder and organiser of the St George’s Day Anaesthesia Forum, the annual meeting at St George’s Hospital for current staff and alumni.
- Founder and organiser of DoctorsUpdates, the bi-annual, multidisciplinary postgraduate meetings for the last 26 years.
Recipient of the Royal College of Anaesthetists Humphry Davy Medal and the AAGBI Foundation Award.