Dr Aris Papageorghiou
Secretary: Gail Zamudo
Secretary email: email@example.com
Secretary telephone: 020 8725 0071
Dr Papageorghiou is a consultant in obstetrics and sub-specialist in maternal and fetal medicine with a special interest in fetal growth, pre-eclampsia and screening using ultrasound. He has a particular interest in research and is working on large scale research programmes in pregnancy.
Dr Papageorghiou qualified in 1996 from the University of Sheffield, has been a member of the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists since 1999, and was awarded an MD from the University of London in 2009.
He is a scientific editor of the British Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, and an editor of Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology.
- Member, Research Advisory Committee for Wellbeing of Women
- Member, Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists
- Member, scientific committee, International Society of Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology
- International standards for fetal growth based on serial ultrasound measurements: the Fetal Growth Longitudinal Study of the INTERGROWTH-21st Project. Papageorghiou AT, Ohuma EO, Altman DG, Todros T, Cheikh Ismail L, Lambert A, Jaffer YA, Bertino E, Gravett MG, Purwar M, Noble JA, Pang R, Victora CG, Barros FC, Carvalho M, Salomon LJ, Bhutta ZA, Kennedy SH, Villar J; International Fetal and Newborn Growth Consortium for the 21st Century (INTERGROWTH-21st). Lancet. 2014 Sep 6;384(9946):869-79
- International standards for newborn weight, length, and head circumference by gestational age and sex: the Newborn Cross-Sectional Study of the INTERGROWTH-21st Project.Villar J, Cheikh Ismail L, Victora CG, Ohuma EO, Bertino E, Altman DG, Lambert A, Papageorghiou AT, Carvalho M, Jaffer YA, Gravett MG, Purwar M, Frederick IO, Noble AJ, Pang R, Barros FC, Chumlea C, Bhutta ZA, Kennedy SH; International Fetal and Newborn Growth Consortium for the 21st Century (INTERGROWTH-21st). Lancet. 2014 Sep 6;384(9946):857-68
- Poor neonatal acid-base status in term fetuses with low cerebroplacental ratios. Morales-Roselló J, Khalil A, Morlando M, Bhide A, Papageorghiou A, Thilaganathan B.Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2014 Aug 14.
- Fetal growth reference ranges in twin pregnancy: analysis of the Southwest Thames Obstetric Research Collaborative (STORK) multiple pregnancy cohort. Stirrup OT, Khalil A, D'Antonio F, Thilaganathan B; on behalf of the Southwest Thames Obstetric Research Collaborative (STORK); on behalf of the Southwest Thames Obstetric Research Collaborative STORK.Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2014 Jul 23. doi: 10.1002/uog.14640.