Dr Andrew Nicolaou
Dr Nicolaou was appointed as a consultant in pain medicine and anaesthesia at St George's in 1999.
Dr Nicolaou is the care group lead for the Chronic Pain Service. He has a clinical interest in spinal interventional pain management, neuropathic pain and musculoskeletal pain.
Dr Nicolau has a strong educational background – having been past Regional Advisor for pain medicine for the Royal College of Anaesthetists ( RCoA ) in South Thames – a position he was asked to hold for three terms. He helped set up the new pain medicine examination for the RCoA and is one of the inaugural examiners for this.
Dr Nicloau is a member of the Board of the Faculty of Pain Medicine RCoA, and its Professional Standards Committee.
Dr Nicolau is ex-officio Council member of the British Pain Society, and has lead and is leading a variety of pain projects nationally.
- Member, British Pain Society
- Member of the International Association for the Study of Pain
- Founder member of the London Pain Forum
- Fellow, Royal College of Anaesthetists
- Fellow, Faculty of Pain Medicine - Royal College of Anaesthetists