Car Parking Concessions Policy
Who is exempt from car parking charges?
- Police and Prison Service
- Volunteer Ambulance Car Drivers
- Disabled blue badge holders
- Renal patients attending for dialysis
- Bereaved relatives
Who is eligible for a Weekly permit?
£10 weekly permits are available for those with:
- Next of kin (one per patient) of patients on ICU or any paediatric ward
- Patients having transplants or chemotherapy
- Next of kin (one per patient) of any inpatient
Daily rate of £8 (fixed), who qualifies?
- Partners of women in labour
- Parents of children undergoing paediatric day care within the hospital
- Emergency cases whereby patients are on-site much longer than anticipated because their medical condition deteriorates. This covers the next of kin if applicable.
- College lecturers
- Guest speakers at Conferences/Eduction Centre
- Next of kin of patient that is called to site as a result of clinical deterioration
- Patients attending Outpatient and Emergency departments who are delayed over 4 hours.
If a patient fits into one of the above categories, what do I do?
- Trust Staff fill in patient/visitors application form
- Trust staff complete type of concession
- Trust staff add budget code
- Obtain signature
- Patient to take for to Security.
- If a patient or a relative is requesting a £10 concession form (PDF), they can ask for a form from the ward the patient will be staying on. The form will be completed and has to be signed by the ward along with a budget code before being taken to the security office for validation as per the Quick Guide to concessions policy (PDF).