Car parking charges
17 March 2021
There is currently limited parking for patients and visitors on our St George’s site. Please do not drive unless it is essential and please do consider travelling to St George’s by other means.
Up to one hour £2.50
Up to two hours £5.00
Up to three hours £7.50
Up to four hours £10.00
Up to five hours £12.50
Up to six hours £15.00
Up to seven hours £17.50
Up to eight hours £20.00
Over eight hours (daily fixed rate) £25.00
Parking free between
22:00 and 06:00
Card payments transactions at Security Desk only (Ground floor Grosvenor wing, near Marks and Spencers)
Car Parking Concessions Policy
Who is exempt from car parking charges?
- Police and Prison Service
- Volunteer Ambulance Car Drivers
- Disabled blue badge holders
- Renal patients attending for dialysis
- Bereaved relatives
Who is eligible for a Weekly permit?
£10 weekly permits are available for those with:
- Next of kin (one per patient) of patients on ICU or any paediatric ward
- Patients having transplants or chemotherapy
- Next of kin (one per patient) of any inpatient
Daily rate of £8 (fixed), who qualifies?
- Partners of women in labour
- Parents of children undergoing paediatric day care within the hospital
- Emergency cases whereby patients are on-site much longer than anticipated because their medical condition deteriorates. This covers the next of kin if applicable.
- College lecturers
- Guest speakers at Conferences/Eduction Centre
- Next of kin of patient that is called to site as a result of clinical deterioration
- Patients attending Outpatient and Emergency departments who are delayed over 4 hours.
If a patient fits into one of the above categories, what do I do?
- Trust Staff fill in patient/visitors application form
- Trust staff complete type of concession
- Trust staff add budget code
- Obtain signature
- Patient to take for to Security.
- If a patient or a relative is requesting a £10 concession form (PDF), they can ask for a form from the ward the patient will be staying on. The form will be completed and has to be signed by the ward along with a budget code before being taken to the security office for validation as per the Quick Guide to concessions policy (PDF) (PDF).
Please contact wards or departments for further details.