St George’s haematology team receives prestigious award
Congratulations to our haematology department at St George’s which has been awarded a Clinical Service Excellence Programme (CSEP) accreditation from Myeloma UK – making us the second Trust in London to achieve this.
The team were presented with the award in November.
The CSEP accreditation, set up by Myeloma UK, is a best practice initiative which supports hospitals in delivering optimum, patient-focused myeloma treatment and care.
Myeloma is the third most common form of blood cancer which originates in the bone marrow and currently affects around 17,500 people in the UK.
Having this accreditation reflects that we:
- deliver superior treatment and care for myeloma patients
- offer an individualised treatment and care approach, as well as an understanding of the complexities of managing myeloma
- share knowledge between facilities and identify areas for improvement
- develop services in line with myeloma patients and their family’s needs
- provide evidence to commissioners and managers of the quality of myeloma treatment and care provided.
Dr Fenella Willis, Consultant Haematologist, said: “I am so thrilled that we have received the Myeloma UK CSEP accreditation. Patients are at the heart of everything we do and we work really hard to make sure our patients receive the best care, treatment and support possible.
“This award reflects the hard work that my fantastic team do and our collaborative working with colleagues across a range of departments including: spinal orthopaedics, palliative care, heart failure team and renal.
“I am extremely proud and would like to say a huge well done to everyone involved!”
Suzanne Renwick, Healthcare Professional Projects Manager, Myeloma UK, said: “Being presented with the Myeloma UK CSEP accreditation is a considerable achievement and shows that St George’s is dedicated to providing excellent treatment and care. The Myeloma UK CSEP accreditation demonstrates the gold standard of myeloma care.”
Well done team!