Vestibular (Balance and Dizziness) Service
On this page:
The Vestibular (balance) service is a Medical Consultant-led Multidisciplinary team consisting of Audiovestibular Physicians, Audiovestibular Scientist and Audiologists who work closely together with ENT (Otolaryngology), Neurology and Physiotherapy departments to assess and manage patients with balance problems and dizziness.
We are a highly experienced and specialised Tertiary level service and take referrals from London and all over the country.
The department has expertise in performing a wide range of specialist vestibular tests. We also work closely together with Highly specialised vestibular physiotherapists to provide truly multidisciplinary management.
Conditions we assess:
- Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV)
- Vestibular Neuritis
- Vestibular Migraine (or Migrainous vertigo)
- Vestibular Paroxsymia
- Autoimmune inner ear disease
- Central vestibular disorders
- Cerebellopontine angle lesions
- Rehabilitation of chronic dizziness
- Visual vertigo
- Menière’s disease
- Cerebellar disorders (working closely alongside neurology)
- Atypical nystagmus
- Positional dizziness