Professor Paul Heath
Secretary: Youne Ng
Secretary email: email@example.com
Secretary telephone: 020 8725 3262
Professor Heath is a paediatric infectious disease consultant at St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust with a specialist interest in immunology and vaccination.
He is a member of the paediatric infectious disease team caring for patients admitted to the ward. He leads the paediatric immunology and vaccine unit and supports the team with his expertise.
Professor Heath graduated from Monash University, Australia in 1985 and completed his specialist training in paediatrics in 1997. He joined St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust in 1999.
His research experience is in the epidemiology of vaccine preventable diseases, clinical vaccine trials in at-risk groups, and perinatal infections. He has published over 100 papers in this area.
Professor Heath is currently running six investigator-led clinical trails.
- Fellow: Royal Australasian College of Physicians (FRACP)
- Fellow: Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health (FRCPCH)
- Member: European Society of Paediatric Infectious Diseases Committee for Scientific Affairs and Awards
- Member: Department of Health Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI)
- Member: National Institute of Clinical Excellence Neonatal infection Guidance Development Group
- Member: Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists Group B Streptococcal Prevention Guidelines Committee
- Member: Action Medical Research Scientific Advisory Panel
- Member: Meningitis UK Advisory Panel