Purple collect personal information when you use the Wi-Fi, as well as information on the device you are using and how you use the Wi-Fi.
- Submitted information: the information you provide when you login – your email address
- Additional information: visited websites, surveys responded to, transactions made (they do not collect information used to make financial transactions)
- Device information info about the device (mobile phone, tablet, laptop) you are using
- Location information: if location is enabled, information on where in the venue you have been
- Network information: IP addresses, ISPs, clickstream data, browser type, language, viewed and exited pages, date and time stamps.
How is my data stored?
Data is stored on their secure servers in accordance with regulations. If a login is not made to Purple Wi-Fi in more than 13 months, all personally identifiable data they store is deleted.
How will my data be used?
Data may be used by Purple, St George’s University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust or selected third parties. Data may also be provided to regulatory bodies where there is a legal obligation to do this or if someone’s safety is at risk.
How can I access my own data?
You can access and amend your data held via the portal.
Why do I have to agree to cookies?
Cookies are used like all websites, to enable users’ data to be distinguish from other users.